TUSK Festival 2018 w/ Irreversible Entanglements
12-14 October 2018
Sage Gateshead, St Mary’s Square, Gateshead Quays, NE8 2JR, UK
TUSK Festival returns for its 8th edition this October, once again bringing its uniquely diverse programme of adventurous international music to the North East of England.
Continuing its partnership with Sage Gateshead, TUSK again makes full use of the landmark building, its flexible public spaces and truly high-end production values to showcase a TUSK 2018 line-up that is as unwavering as ever. Once more, alongside a truly eclectic and international music menu and TUSK’s trademark slew of UK debuts, festival-goers can again enjoy the festival’s renowned film programme, exhibitions, talks, installations, interactions and more.
The first line-up announcements for TUSK Festival 2018 (with links and more info on the festival website – follow the links) are:
• The godfather of Minimalism legend TERRY RILEY makes a very rare UK appearance in a duo with his son Gyan
• Montreal’s renowned synth and drone experimenter SARAH DAVACHI
• Tokyo’s hero of noise, improv and, now, Japanese TV and film soundtracks, OTOMO YOSHIHIDE
• Eternal UK underground stalwarts and mental health survivors CERAMIC HOBS
• KONSTRUKT, the Turkish alt-jazz collective who have collaborated with Keiji Haino, Thurston Moore, William Parker and many more
• New York duo 75 DOLLAR BILL make a rare UK appearance with their big city desert rock
Many more acts still to be announced, plus films, talks and more and after hours actions and exhibitions at The Old Police House and Workplace Gallery.
Tickets go on sale 10am Friday 9 th March.
50 early Birds are £60, then full weekend tickets are £70. Day tickets will go on sale later in the year and tickets just to see Terry Riley & Gyan Riley in Hall One on Sunday 14th October will also be available.
For more details and further announcements, visit sagegateshead.com, tuskfestival.com or call the Ticket Office on 0191 443 4661.